Find my iPhone Easily By Simple Methods and Tips
Find my iPhone. If you are searching for this term, you are at a right place. If your iPhone is lost or stolen don’t lose any hope, this tutorial will give you step by step instructions regarding How to Find my lost iPhone or stolen iPhone.
This method will help the IOS users to locate their lost or stolen iPhones. IOS users can locate their iPhones by using icloud. In addition, we are giving you the two simplest methods or ways to find your lost or stolen iPhone.
Find My iPhone
Since iPhone is a very expensive device, losing it is really a blunder. Here you can see the first method to locate your lost iPhone. Read and understand these two methods carefully as the information is very useful. So the first step is given below:
Track your iPhone using iCloud
Since iCloud is the backbone for any iPhone as it is used to backup the data, it will help you to locate your lost phone.
- Your device is connected to the Internet and GPS should be ‘on’
- Sign in your iCloud ID using this link iCloud
- After you logged in iCloud, you will redirect to its next page and then click on Find iPhone option.
- Now it will show you things like PLAY SOUND, LOST MODE and ERASE iPhone. If you mistakenly forget where you have placed your iPhone you can click on PLAY SOUND OPTION and if your iPhone is lost or stolen go for LOST MODE.
- When you click on LOST MODE within few seconds, further proceed with simple steps.
- After clicking on OK, a window will be opened. Like this:
- Now you have the option to locate your iPhone. This method can take a while.
Lost mode will make your device look with your current passcode and display a message which you have entered in the above procedure. This is basically all you have to do is to track your lost Apple device. Please keep in mind that your lost device needs to be turned on and somehow connected to the internet. If mobile data is turned off and it’s not connected to WiFi, you won’t be able to track it using Find My iPhone but don’t worry I will give you another method also to fix the issue. Your only hope is to wait and hope that the thief or someone, who found it, connects to the web. Thus, you don’t need to stay inside of iCloud and hit refresh all the time. If your device is offline, you can let Apple notify you once it is back online.
Now this time is for the second method. As I have told you in the first method about the internet connectivity issue, this method can help you to fix the connectivity problem.
Use Google Location history to find iPhone. Before proceeding further this method only work if you have enabled location reporting and location history.
To see your location history you need to go this following steps:
- open google.com/maps/timeline
- Select today’s date on the top left side of the screen (or click the “Today” button).
- Look at the timeline on the left side and scroll to its end to find the last reported location of your iPhone. You can also check all recorded points in the map. Make sure to check the time stamps so that you don’t just know the last location but also when your phone was last connected to Google.
- Before you jump up to get it. Try to use the location data to figure out if your iPhone is simply lying somewhere waiting to be picked up, or if it’s moving. If it isn’t staying put, you should contact the authorities and get them to help you retrieve your (apparently) stolen device. I don’t recommend going after a thief alone. Who knows what kind of person took your phone.
- In conclusion, these are the two different methods to find your lost iPhone.
This method you can use by installing iLocalis. This will let you log into a website to find your iPhone. It is the 3rd step to find my iPhone. You have to log in and send yourself a message. Even if the sim card has been changed, you will be able to get that number too. But the iLocalis app or software requires a Jailbreak of your iPhone.
There is another method to save your iPhone from getting stolen. The method is iLost finder. It will play an alarm when the phone thief will try to power off the iPhone or enter the wrong passcode. It will also capture the picture of the thief and send it to you via email.
So these are the two methods to locate your lost or stolen iPhone by Jailbreaking but try to locate your lost or stolen iPhone with the methods without jailbreak. The above first two methods without jailbreaking are very simple methods. The methods via jail breaking are also easy but you have to know first that how to jailbreak an iPhone. Jailbreak might be risky for your device so it is better to follow the first two steps.
If you have any query or doubts please feel free to comment in the comment section below. You can also contact us or reach us via our facebook page, twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and also email us to firstname.lastname@example.org. This is Vaibhav Sharma from Tecgram.com. If you like our post find my iPhone or want to tell something regarding our post then please tell us. We are here to serve good and latest updates to our viewers. Like, comment, share and subscribe us. We promise to give our best to the viewers and work more to give you the more trending and latest tech news with more and more details. Wait for our next update. We will be back soon with something more cool, informative and useful stuff or article. And don’t forget to bookmark us.