How to recover deleted files from Android Smartphone
Today most of the people are using the Smartphones. Smartphone plays a very vital role in our lives these days. Many people store their personal data like documents, PDFs, pictures, videos etc. in their Smartphones either in phone memory, SD card or a cloud backup. Since we all love to capture the pictures and videos in our Smartphones. However, just think if you accidentally deleted your precious pictures and videos from your android? What will you do in that case? So today we are here with the solution of this problem. You can get back your data like photos, documents, videos etc. So for this, we are here with the method to recover deleted files from Android Smartphone.
Articles you may like
How to recover deleted files from Android
Actually, when you delete a file from your Android Smartphone, the deleted file just disappears from your eyes, but still exists somewhere in the phone memory. If something is deleted from your Android accidentally, you should first of all, stop using your Android and try to recover the deleted files as soon as possible. Otherwise, your data may have a higher risk to be overwritten and you are not able to get back your lost data again.
Hence we are going to tell you that how you can recover deleted files from Android with and without rooting methods.
Recover deleted files from Android without root
The method we are going to tell is one of the very easiest ways to recover deleted files from Android.
Recuva File Recovery method
In this method, you can recover deleted files from Android internal storage. You will have to use a third party tool which will help you to recover all the deleted files from your Android device. The steps for this method are:
- Download the Recuva file recovery tool to your PC.
- Launch the software tool and connect your Android device to your PC via USB cable.
- Then you will have to select the file format that you want to recover from your Android device.
- Now select the external drive that belongs to your Android Smartphone and then proceed by clicking on the OK option.
After following all of the above steps, the tool will scan out all the recent deleted files, and you can choose the files and recover them very easily on your PC. The files could be anything like your personal documents, pictures, videos etc.
Recover files via Android Recycle bin
We all know that an Android phone doesn’t contain an in-built recycle bin. So there is an app called Dumpster. A dumpster is a recycle bin for Android to restore the deleted files. Just like on Windows, if you delete a file, it will go straight to Dumpster where you can restore it if needed. You can recover any of your deleted files via this recycle bin app but the condition is that you must have the app on your device before deletion of the file you want to recover later. The free version of Dumpster comes with the ads otherwise, the paid version will cost you near about $3.
Recycle Bin: Another app after the Dumpster is the Recycle Bin also known as “trash”. The Recycle Bin app acts like a transitionary space from where you can recover the files that were moved to the Recycle Bin. Files that were permanently deleted, and not sent to the recycle bin would not be recovered by this app. Hence, you can configure a list of files and folders types to be automatically moved to the Recycle Bin.
Recover files with Dr Fone
Dr Fone data recovery is said to be one of the most effective methods to recover deleted files from Android. This is the product from the Wondershare company. Now follow these steps to recover the files:
- Download Dr Fone data recovery on your PC.
- Now launch the Software and connect your Android Smartphone with your PC via USB cable.
- Don’t forget to enable the USB debugging on your Android device.
- Then Dr Fone will ask you to select the required file you want to scan for.
- Now, Dr Fone will scan your whole device for the deleted files and display all the files i.e both deleted and available, in the next window.
- Enable the “Only display deleted items” to only see the deleted files.
- From here you can choose the files you want to recover and click on “Recover” option.
So, these were some of the methods to recover deleted files from Android without Root. Now we will tell you the method With Rooting.
Recover deleted files from Android with Root
We will tell you the method for the deleted files recovery via Root technique. So just follow the steps of the method mentioned below:
Mobikin Doctor method
- First of all, download Mobikin Doctor Software in your Windows PC (click here for the Mac version).
- Now enable the USB debugging on your Android device.
- Then connect your device to your PC via USB cable.
- Now, if you have a rooted Android Smartphone, then you need to simply grant the superuser request and ‘Allow’ the Kingroot.
- Hence, you can select the file you want to recover, like photos, videos, audio etc.
Recover deleted files from the SD card
Since we were talking about the recovery from the internal memory, now it is the turn of the SD card. In case, if accidentally your SD card got formatted or you have deleted any file from it by mistake, then you should try the above methods for this. But there are some minor changes here:
- Launch your toolkit and select the data recovery option.
- Click on the SD card recovery at the bottom section of the program.
- Connect your SD card to your PC through a card reader or the smartphone through a USB cable.
- Select the SD card icon that appears on the screen and click on “continue” option as soon as the SD card is detected.
- Select the scanning technique, standard or advanced depending on your choice.
- Now click next to proceed.
- Once the scanning is done, select a category and view its contents.
- Now you are safe to click on the “Recover” option in order to recover your files.
Backup your data
You can make a backup for all of your important data in order to avoid any deletion by mistake in the future.
- You can save your data in the Dropbox.
- Try Google drive for the future benefits.
- iCloud is also very useful for the data backup etc.
These were some of the data backing up techniques and all of these are having a sufficient amount of storage i.e, in GBs.
So these were the different methods through which you can recover deleted files from Android. If you have any query or any suggestion regarding the article then please tell us and feel comfortable to comment in the comment box. You can also contact us via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or via Facebook. If you like this article then please share it and support. And don’t forget to subscribe and bookmark us.