How to Root redmi note 4 easly
Today we will tell you the easiest ways to root redmi note 4 to make it much better. This is one of the easiest methods to root redmi note 4. So if you like this post share it and also like us our facebook page for daily updates and giveaway.
Root Redmi note 4
Some reviews about the phone
Redmi note 4 was one of the early releases of 2017. Some of our viewers might not know about the specifications of the phone. We have an old post regarding the phone Xiaomi Redmi note 4. Click the link to know more about the phone. The phone got mixed reviews with an average performance. So, we are here with some techniques to upgrade the phone’s performance.
Things we will tell you
In this, we will tell you the ways to root Redmi note 4, install the TWRP recovery and ways to unlock the Bootloader of Redmi note 4.
TWRP or Team Win Recovery Project is an open-source software custom recovery image for android phones. It provides an interface which allows users to install third party firmware and backup the current system.
Unlocking the bootloader gives you the access to root your device. Bootloader package the instructions to boot operating system kernel and most of them also have their own debugging or modification environment. We will tell you the ways to unlock Bootloader later in this post.
Rooting a device and installation of TWRP recovery
- First of all, make sure your phone’s battery is above 60 percent
- This method is not for all the devices
- Download the SuperSu zip file on your device
- Install or save it
- Download TWRP recovery file on your PC
- Copy it to the ADB and Fastboot folder
ADB or Android debug bridge can control your device over USB from a PC, copy files back and forth, install and uninstall apps etc.
Fastboot is a diagnostic tool used to modify android file system from a PC when the smartphone is in bootloader mode.
- Rename the TWRP file to recovery.img
- Now go to ADB folder and launch command window
- Press and hold the shift key and right click anywhere in ADB folder
- Now connect the device to PC using USB cable.
- Reboot it into Fastboot mode by giving the following commands
ADB reboot Bootloader, giving the command one after another to flash TWRP recovery
Fastboot devices, this command will check the connection between your PC and device
Now, Fastboot flash recovery.img, the command starts flashing recovery on your phone
Command the Fastboot boot recovery.img, this will boost your device into recovery mode
- Once you are in the recovery mode, select your preferred language
- Go to wipe settings
- Perform format data
- Now from recovery main menu, select install zip
- Now locate the SuperSu zip file installed in your device
- Swipe to start flashing SuperSu on your phone
- Choose reboot to boot your device into normal mode
Your device gets rooted now.
As we have told you that bootloader package the instructions to boot operating system kernel and most of them also have their own debugging or modification environment. To root Redmi note 4, you have to unlock the Bootloader first. A bootloader is not for every phone.
Ways to unlock the boot loader
We are telling you the method to unlock Bootloader by KingoRoot APK.
- Backup your important data as unlocking process will sweep all the data
- Download KingoRoot
- Now install KingoRoot on your device
- Connect device to the PC via USB cable
- Enable USB debugging by going to developer option in settings in your phone
- Once you have connected your device to PC, the device will show you the option of USB debugging, then enable USB debugging
- Now open KingoRoot
- Now open the folder tools under the folder KingoRoot
- Write the letters cmd in the address bar
- Press enter
- The PC will pop-up command prompt
- If it shows a serial number it means that your device is recognized
- So, you can continue the unlocking process
- Now, head to your manufacturer’s bootloader unlocking page
- Create an account there
- Run commands like
adb reboot Fastboot in the CMD window
- Your device will then boot into Fastboot mode
- Use your CMD window to retrieve your unlock key as described by your manufacturer
- Moto device command is fastboot oem get_unlock_data
- Select the token split out by CMD window and copy-paste it into applicable box of the form on your manufacturer’s website without any spaces
- Submit the form and wait for the E-mail with a key or a file to be used in the coming step
- The unlocking process get started
- If your phone is in Fastboot mode and you have not interrupted the connection then
Run the command fastboot oem unlock UNIQUE_KEY
- Use volume keys if you are sure to unlock the bootloader
- Reboot your device by running command fastboot reboot or using the volume buttons to reboot
- The device will show the message at boot, stating that your bootloader is unlocked
You can also flash a custom recovery and install a custom ROM by unlocking the bootloader.
These are the ways to root Redmi note 4 and unlocking the bootloader. This post is written by Aaditya Sharma from Tecgram.com. Feel free to comment on the post. For any query, you can contact us on our E-mail email@example.com. You can see our Facebook page.