How to install Kali Linux on Android Smartphone
Install Kali Linux on Android smartphone!! Fortunately, Linux makes up the core part of the Android, but Google has not added all the software that you had found on a Linux distribution, for example, Ubuntu. The most noteworthy thing is that Kali Linux is one of the best Operating System for the white-hat hackers, security researchers etc. If you install Kali Linux on Android smartphone, it will allow you to perform the security checks on the things like cracking WEP Wi-Fi passwords, cracking the security on websites, finding the bugs etc. But you are also needed to be skilled for that. So we are here to tell you that how you can install Kali Linux on Android smartphone.
But first of all, you should note down the important things before we start:
- A device should be running on Android 2.1 or the above version.
- A fully charged device should be there for the use.
- Good Internet connection is a must thing for downloading the Kali Linux images.
- At least 5GB of the space is required in your smartphone or the tablet.
- Your device must be Rooted before.
Install Kali Linux on Android
Here are the tips and tricks for installing the Kali Linux on your smartphone. Remember that rooting of your device is a must process. We will tell you the tested methods to install Kali Linux on Android smartphone. You can also perform these steps on your Tablets.
List of Kali Linux Android tools
Apps or tools you have to download before:
- Linux deploy app.
- VNC viewer app.
- Busybox installer.
How to install Kali Linux on Android
So, to install Kali Linux on Android, follow these steps:
- First of all, we need to install the UNIX Scripts on the device using the Busybox Installer.
- Download the Linux deploy app on your Android smartphone from the Google Play Store.
- After installing the app on your device, open it.
- Then you will see the Download icon, tap on that icon.
- You will be taken to the properties page.
- In the properties, change the “distribution” of your Linux to Kali Linux.
- Now scroll down and change your username and password under the username and the user password (optional).
- Then go back to the main page, tap over the 3 dots and tap Install.
- Now tap OK when the confirmation screen appears.
- This will take a little bit time based on your Internet connection.
- After the download is completed, tap Start.
- Hence download the Android VNC viewer app from the Google Play Store.
- Therefore after installing the app, enter the details below, in the settings of the app.
- Now click the Connect button in your VNC Viewer app.
Articles you may like:
How to install Kali Linux on Android without root
In this method, you have to install all the Linux files on your Android device by downloading them and then using the complete interface for your pen-testing. You can do all these without rooting your Android smartphone but using an app called GNURoot. GNURoot provides a method for you to install and use GNU/Linux distributions and their associated applications or packages alongside the Android. This does not require rooting. GNURoot creates a fake root environment on your Android phone and fools the Linux files into believing that they are being implemented on a rooted smartphone.
Follow these steps to install Kali Linux on Android without rooting:
- First of all, you need to download and install an Android app on your Android smartphone that is GNURoot.
- In this app, you will find lots of distro Linux roots that are Wheezy, Fedora, Aboriginal etc. These are the platforms that will allow the other Linux application to run on them.
- Choose any of these by simply tapping on “Create New Rootfs” and wait for the process to get completed.
- After the download is finished, select that distro from the second drop-down option.
- Now select the “Launch as Fake Root” box to get the other root commands.
- Then, tap “Launch Rootfs” to install and use Linux on Android phone.
- Now you can easily install the extra Linux packages that you need and run the Linux distro.
So these were the methods to install Kali Linux on Android smartphone. After the installation, you can use it without any fear of safety as it is safe. If you have any suggestion or query, comment in the comment box. You can also contact us via E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org and through our Facebook page. Subscribe us, comment and share. Also, don’t forget to Bookmark us. We will keep bringing these kinds of guiding articles for you.