Root OnePlus 5 with easy and working methods
Root oneplus 5
Root oneplus 5 with the simple and easy methods that we are mentioning below. These are one of the safest methods and the tested guides are also available on the Internet. Root oneplus 5 device is actually a very simple process.
Since we all know that the phone is good and has many features in itself. But if you want to get more out of it, then according to our opinion, you have to root oneplus 5 device.
So without wasting time lets start the guide:
Requirements before Rooting
Before you start following the methods to root oneplus 5, you must know about the requirements. Let us tell you the things that are important:
- In order to prevent the phone to get switched off during the process, ensure that your phone has at least 60-70% charged.
- Since it can erase all of your phone’s internal storage data, we will advise you to back up your data first.
- Enable USB debugging mode
- Make Sure that the Unknown Sources option is Enabled (Menu>Settings>Security) on your device.
- Enable the OEM unlocking (Settings > Developer options, then enable the ‘OEM Unlocking’ option).
- Enable Advanced Reboot (Settings > Developer options, then enable the ‘Advanced Reboot’ option).
- Enter recovery mode (if Advanced Reboot is enabled, you can press Reboot > Recovery from the power menu).
- In case, if Advanced Reboot is disabled, then to enter the recovery mode (turn the phone off, hold volume down + power until the OnePlus Logo screen appears) etc.
- Follow each and every step correctly, otherwise, you will end up with a bricked phone.
- If you end up with a bricked phone, the company warranty will also end up and your device will be a useless box.
- Even after rooting, your device warranty will be over and the company will not be responsible for any software damage in future etc.
How to unlock Bootloader
- First of all, you need to setup the ADB Fastboot on your system.
- For ADB & Fastboot, follow the steps below:
- Download the ADB Fastboot file from the download link above.
- Now install it in your system.
- You will see a command prompt window with a blue background. Say YES to all the prompts on this screen. To say yes, just type Y and hit enter.
- Turn the phone off. Then boot it into the fast boot mode by holding the volume up + power. The phone will display fast boot text indicating that it has successfully entered fast boot mode.
- Now plug the phone into your PC, then open a command prompt window on the desktop and then type “fast boot devices”.
- So, the command will list the connected devices. If your phone’s serial number shows up then you can continue. If the phone is not listed, this indicates that your drivers are not installed correctly. In order for you to continue, you must fix your drivers so that your phone is listed under fast boot devices.
- If the phone has been recognized by the above command, then proceed to unlock the bootloader with the following command: fast boot OEM unlock.
- So, you will get the Unlock Bootloader Warning page, press the volume button to select Yes and turn it blue and press the Power button to execute the selection.
- These commands will unlock your phone’s bootloader, which will also wipe all of your data. By unlocking the bootloader, you can also flash the custom images to the phone.
In order to root oneplus 5 with PC, unlocking the bootloader and flashing of the TWRP is important. Hence, follow the steps to flash the TWRP:
- Download link for TWRP is here.
- After downloading the TWRP recovery, transfer it into ADB Fastboot folder and rename the TWRP file like “recov.img”.
- Open the Command window and type the command to flash the TWRP recovery into your OnePlus 5: fast boot flash recovery recov.img.
- Therefore, to boot into the recovery mode, type the command (given below) in the command window: fast boot recov.img.
- Once your device boots into the TWRP recovery, it will ask you to allow system modifications.
- Now allow the system modifications.
After these 2 methods, it is the time to know how to root oneplus 5.
How to Root oneplus 5:
- The method is related to SuperSU. Download it into your PC.
- Connect your oneplus 5 to your computer via USB cable.
- Now copy and paste the downloaded SuperSU zip file to your internal storage (Make sure the file is in the internal storage root but not in any folder).
- Then turn your device off and also disconnect it from the USB cable.
- Hence, in order to get in the recovery or TWRP mode, turn ON your device while pressing and holding volume down+power buttons together.
- Once, you are in a TWRP recovery, tap on the install button choose the zip file that you had copied in your phone memory as told above.
- Confirm the installation on the next screen by swiping on the Swipe to Confirm Flash option.
- This will start the installation procedure.
- After the completion of the installation, you will get a reboot system option.
- Select it.
- Now your device has been successfully rooted.
So, these were some steps to Root oneplus 5. If you have any query or any problem regarding any step, then don’t forget to comment. We will give you answers in the comment box only. If you like our post then subscribe us and keep supporting us. And the most noteworthy thing is, don’t forget to bookmark us.
You can also check-