Track android phone- 100% working methods to locate the lost android phones
Track android phone. If you are in the search of this kind of article, then my friend, you are at the right place. Many people lose their hope when they lost their android smartphone. They think that they will never be able to see their android smartphone again. But don’t lose your hopes. Finding your lost android phone is very easy these days.
In the case of android phone loss, there are some methods also that might help you. In this article, we will give you or introduce you with some of the methods with the help of which you can easily locate or track your lost android smartphone.
Track android phone
As it is not every time that the phone is get stolen, you may also forget where you had kept it or you misplace it by yourself by mistake. So in that case, just read and follow the methods given below.
First of all, you should have the IMEI number of your lost android device. Now, methods to track android phone are:
Android device manager
First of all, Android device manager is the method that should be your choice accordingly. It is introduced by the Google to us. This makes easy to locate or track, ring, wipe etc your device. This method is the most noteworthy method. The best thing of the android device manager is it doesn’t need to install an app or a software. You just need to visit the android device manager while being logged into your Google account.
Once the site is loaded completely on your screen, it will automatically try to track down your phone.
But there are some requirements for this:
- Your android smartphone should be connected to your Google account
- Your device should be internet accessed etc
Nowadays, android device manager’s recent updates, some features are implemented by Google into their search result page. Now, you are able to quickly locate any registered android device right from the search bar. Therefore, you just have to type where is my phone, Google displays a little map above the search results in which it will try to find your lost android smartphone. Once located, you can let it ring by just clicking on the ring at the bottom left.
But make sure that your device is registered on the android device manager. You can also download its app instead of browsing.
Ways of using Android device manager
- Launch your web browser from a phone, PC or a tablet
- Open Google
- In the search bar menu, type find my phone android
- Tap on android device manager which is usually the 1st option in your search
- Now enter your Email address and password
- When your phone is located, you have 3 options to choose
- These are: ring, lock and erase
Ring: By choosing this, your phone will make noise even it is on silent. This is helpful if your phone is nearby you but you are not able to find it.
Lock: You can lock your phone by this so that finder can’t access your home screen.
Erase: This might be the best option if you know that you aren’t likely to retrieve your phone.
So in this method, we had told you the 2 main things to do for using the Android device manager and then we told you the way how to properly use it. If you want to use another method, then there are some of many methods also.
Use dropbox to find lost android phone
Yes, since dropbox not only keeps your data safe but can also be used to locate/find lost phones. This method can be used for tracking both Android and IOS phones.
So, the requirements are
- Activate camera uploads in your dropbox app
- Your device should be Internet accessed
- Someone needs to take pictures with your lost device
The last point might work as a drawback as if the finder of your phone doesn’t access its camera to take pictures then what will you do. But in case, if he takes some pictures of it, then dropbox will be very helpful in the process.
- Dropbox needs to be installed on that device having camera upload feature activated
- So, every time phone thief takes the pictures, they get automatically uploaded to your dropbox camera uploads folder
- So in case, if he takes a selfie, you might be able to find the thief and can report an FIR against that person
- And by this, you may find out the location by seeing the background in the pictures uploaded to your dropbox.
This method is the easy method but might not help you like Android device manager as you cannot get the IP address of the device which is connected to your dropbox account. But if you failed to find your phone by other methods then this might be helpful in that case.
Third-party apps to track android phone
There are some third-party options also to find your lost android phone or to track android phone. Some of these apps are Lost android, Cerberus anti theft, where’s my droid etc.
Let’s take an example of where’s my droid app
The basic feature of this app (where’s my droid) allows you to ring your lost phone, can locate it via GPS on Google maps, use a passcode to prevent unauthorized changes to apps on your android phone, you will get an email if SIM card on your phone is changed, can click pictures remotely and flash can be activated as well etc.
This is the free and the basic version of this app. In addition, the pro version of the app is not free. You have to pay some amount in order to buy it. The pro version will let you remotely wipe data from a phone, remotely lock the device etc.
You can find these apps easily on the Google play store.
Google map location history or the “Timeline” to track android phone
This method is a very helpful method to track your lost android phone as it can be able to track your lost android phone even if it is turned off.
- Device connected with the Google account
- Device accessed to the Internet
- Location reporting and location history need to be activated on your device
This method is nowadays known as Your Timeline. This actually shows you the names of the places you had been to. By this, you can remember the places you have visited recently and can figure out at which place you had lost your phone.
- Go to Your Timeline
- Make sure of the date selected on the calendar
- On the left sidebar, you can see the complete timeline of that day including the names of all the recorded locations.
- On the right, you can see all the locations visualized on a map.
Your Timeline uses cellular cell tower IDs and Wi-Fi location to collect the location data instead of using GPS for tracking.
In case of Samsung phone “Find my mobile” method to track android phone
This method can be used only by the Samsung users. We are giving this method because Samsung is one of the most popular mobile brand among android users all around the world.
For using this method, there are certain requirements:
- You should have a Samsung account and your device should be registered with it
- Your device has access to the internet
- Find my mobile needs to be set up on your Samsung phone for enabling remote controls
- Open and sign in to the Find my mobile website
- See/check the left sidebar
- Make sure that your device is connected to your account
- Now, select locate my device in the sidebar and click on the locate button
- If your device is internet accessed and remote controls are enabled, you will be able to see its approximate location
- You can also use its features such as locking your device, letting it ring and wiping its data
This method is quite similar to the android device manager method.
In conclusion, these are some of the methods from which you can locate or track your lost or stolen android device. If this article track android phone is helpful to you, then subscribe us and if not then please tell us. Feel free and comfortable to comment, ask something, suggest something if useful etc. You can see us on social media also like: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc. You can contact us in any case on our email email@example.com. Remember, we only tell what is genuine. We are here to serve you the right and quality material. So please feel free to share your views with us. Don’t forget to bookmark us. Like, share, subscribe and support. Thank you, we will be back soon with a new informative and qualitative content.